QLPRISM IRC CONFIGURATION
SETTING UP IRC AND AUTO-CONNECT/AUTO-JOIN
(1) Click the IRC Menu in the bottom right corner. Then click "IRC Options"
(2) Set your nickname and other settings under the 'General' tab of the Global Settings menu:
(3) To configure the networks and/or channels that the client automatically connects to, do the following:
(4) Go to the 'Startup' tab under the Global Settings.
(5) Look under 'Auto-connect URLs' By default you should see two links:
IRC will automatically connect to irc.quakenet.org and join both #quakelive and #qlranks by default.
To change this, either edit these links or delete and add your own. For example, if you want to automatically connect to QuakeNet and join #my-channel you would add:
If you wanted to automatically connect to #my-channel and the channel has a key (password) you would add:
You will be asked for the key to #my-channel when you connect.
You only have to do this for each channel ONCE. The next time you start the client it will automatically connect!
HOW TO USE WITH AN IRC BOUNCER
If you already have an IRC bouncer set up, you can simply connect to it by typing the following in the chat box:
/server your.irc.bouncer.com:port user:password
Once you connect to IRC with your bouncer you can make it auto-connect by right-clicking the bouncer's server:port tab at the bottom of the screen and selecting 'Open This Network at Startup'
HOW TO AUTOMATICALLY AUTH WITH Q (QuakeNet) AND AuthServ (GameSurge):
After you have connected to a network,
(1) Go back to the IRC Options ("IRC Menu --> IRC Options" in bottom-right corner of QLPrism window OR go to "File --> Configure" inside the IRC client)
(2) You should now see a network panel on the left side of the screen. Select the network, then go to the 'Lists' tab.
(3) Under "Auto-perform" hit the "Add" button.
For QuakeNet (Q) auto auth, add the following command (WITHOUT the slash "/"):
msg Q AUTH yourname yourpassword
(4) Then hit OK.
For GameSurge auto auth, add the following command (WITHOUT the slash "/"):
msg AuthServ@Services.GameSurge.net AUTH yourname yourpassword
Hit OK. All done! Now Go to the IRC menu in the bottom right corner, and click 'Open IRC' to connect!